Thursday, October 26, 2006

I was looking around on the internets yesterday when I found this article:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15408508/

Now, normally an article like this would send me into a towering rage and a huge rant which would probably include all kinds of horrible things I would like to see happen to everyone's favorite oxycotin junkie, but a thought hit me last night that is going to make my life so much easier.

Who the fuck is Rush Limbaugh?

I don't mean that, literally, of course. Rush Limbaugh is the leading figure of the right wing radio talk circuit and probably the second most recognizable figure in talk radio behind Howard Stern. No, I know who Rush Limbaugh is. What I mean is, why the fuck should anyone care what he has to say, least of all me.

Rush, after all is nobody. Unlike G. Gordon Liddy and Ben Stein, who had jobs in the Reagan Administration, Rush never had a job inside politics. And the thing is, there are like a dozen other "conservative commentators" who are similarly unqualified. Ann Coulter, Bill O'Reilly, Laura Ingrahm, Sean Hannity, Robert Novak, Tucker Carlson, the list goes on and on and on. Who are these people that we should listen to them? All they do is make intolerant, hateful statements, like the one in the article, and rake in obscene ssums of money because the Dumb People (read my latest entry in Dear Blog... for a rant on them) eat that shit up.

Well, not me. I can assure you, unless one of these toolbags decides to do something with their life and run for office, you will not see any of those names listed above mentioned on this blog for anything they say or write ever again.

Now, if anymore of them send their nannies out to illegally obtain prescription painkillers, or sexually harrass a subordinate over the phone, that's a different story.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home