Wednesday, May 16, 2007

5/16/07

Jerry Fallwell died yesterday. I'm not sure how I feel about it.

I'm just kidding, of course. Jerry Fallwell was a disgusting, reprehensible piece of shit. Good fucking riddance.

It's pretty well taboo to be dancing with joy when a fellow human being passes away. I don't give a shit. This guy took the taco.

Of course, Fallwell is mostly remembered for blaming the 9/11 attacks on gays, lesbians, members of ACLU, the prochoice, and anyone else who he didn't like. But beyond that, though, he had his various Christian activities - like going around on Earth Day spraying aerosol cans into the air because, well, because Fuck Everyone, that's why. And what's a more Christian attitude than that?

My view on death is, it's a part of life. Specifically, it's a part that removes you from the rest of us, at least for now. And Jerry Fallwell was somebody who long needed to be removed from the rest of us. He was a cancer on society. His death is like a successful tumor removal.

And this isn't a liberal/conservative thing. I know Republicans and conservatives who are decent people at heart. I don't wish for the death of any of them, nor will I be happy when they're gone, should I outlive them. I took no great pleasure from Ronald Regan's demise, or Richard Nixon's. And if W kicks the bucket tomorrow, the party wouldn't be at my place (now, Dick Cheney, on the other hand...). But Fallwell is a special case. He was hatred personified. He was just a downright horrible person. And now that he's gone, a Green Day song comes to mind...

Ha ha you're dead
And I'm so happy
In loving memory
Of your demise
When your ship is going down
I'll go out and raid the town
Ha ha you're dead
Ha ha you're dead
Ha ha you're dead

Ha ha you're dead
The joke is over
You were an asshole
And now you're gone
As your ship is going down
I'll stop by to watch you drown
Ha ha you're dead
Ha ha you're dead
Ha ha you're dead



Keep a spot in Hell warm for me, Jerry!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home